Clinic is No longer performing abortions
- The facility failed to store hazardous chemicals and cleaning products in a secure manner.
- Staff was not certified in basic life support by the American Heart Association, which is a requirement under their professional licensure for direct patient care. Two of the five staff members providing direct patient care were not CPR certified.
- The facility failed to develop and implement written discharge instructions. In 100% of the records reviewed, none of the patients had been provided with a list of complications that warrant a patient contacting the facility, a telephone number to reach the physician 24 hours a day to access records or report complications, name and phone number of the nearest hospital to the patient’s home.
- This clinic failed to comply with the Woman’s Right to Know Act. In 100% of the charts reviewed, none of the patients had been scheduled for a follow-up appointment within 14 days of the administration of medication abortion.
- Use of expired needles and curettes
- Unqualified personnel providing direct patient care