Clinic is No longer performing abortions
- Staff did not use proper hand washing technique
- Staff was not trained on proper sterilization technique for instruments that are used from woman to woman. There was no documentation of this training in the personnel file.
- Rusty equipment in the operating room
- The doctor did not perform proper hand washing technique. The facility’s own policy states that “hand hygiene is the #1 protector against communicable diseases”.
- Nurse injected 2 medications into a patients arm without disinfecting the port.
- 4 out of 4 nurses who were working in the procedure room administering anesthesia had no documented competency ensuring they have the required training, education and experience.
- Facility failed to have a delineation of privileges of one nurse anesthetist on staff. No description of duties to be performed and no signature from supervising physician.(repeated violation – see report from 2015)
- Failure to ensure a safe and sanitary environment. Facility failed to properly sanitize equipment and instruments. Staff improperly sanitized instruments in such a way that all surfaces could not be reached with sterilant meaning they were not sterilized. Sterilization only occurs on surfaces that have direct contact with the sterilant. (repeated violation – see report from 2015)
- Report received completely redacted (2020)